How to establish a SSL connection to a postgresql server

From: Christian Tonhäuser <christian(dot)tonhaeuser(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How to establish a SSL connection to a postgresql server
Date: 2011-12-19 12:38:09
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hallo,

I want to establish a secure connection to the database server (which is
hosted externally) using SSL. What do I have to do?

I'm a novice regarding network administration and similar stuff. I can get a
certificate and private key from the hosting firm.

Is there any good  step-by-step guide online? It’s about the settings that
have to be done, before even connecting.

Thanks a lot

Christian

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Jean-Yves F. BarbierDate: 2011-12-19 13:41:55
Previous:From: Andreas KretschmerDate: 2011-12-18 17:06:22
Subject: Re: time triggering