Novice to postgres

From: "Machiel Richards" <machielr(at)rdc(dot)co(dot)za>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Novice to postgres
Date: 2010-01-31 17:07:01
Lists: pgsql-novice

Good day

I am extremely novice to postgresql and was asked to put together a daily
checklist / report on the database and its state.

I tried reading up on postgress documentation but it is seems greek to me
as a lot of the terms seems more specific to postgres itself (I am more of a
mysql guy).

Can anyone maybe assist me with some thoughts on where to start and what I
should look at?

I would really appreciate the help...

Regards