AbstracJdbc2ResultSet getColumnIndex throws missing column when using with Hibernate

From: "Hakan Cunier" <hakanc(at)docuart(dot)com(dot)tr>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: AbstracJdbc2ResultSet getColumnIndex throws missing column when using with Hibernate
Date: 2007-01-04 17:22:06
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello,

We have a table named as DYSMESSAGES (ID number, FROM varchar(100)...)

We use hibernate with postgresql-jdbc-8.2-504 driver and PostgreSQLDialect.
Our hql is "from Dysmessages".

Hibernate convert this hql to "select dysmessage0.ID as ID204_,
dysmessage0.FROM as FROM204_ from DYSMESSAGES dysmessage0" native sql
format.

Our jvm Works on Jboss / Windows XP Pro Turkish / Turkish Regional Settings

Hibernate throws exception as no column found named as ID204_ in this
resultset.

When we change regional settings to English (U.S.A) NO PROBLEM AT ALL.

Then we looked at AbstracJdbc2ResultSet class's getColumnIndex method. It
uses toLowerCase(). So problem is that. It should use
toLowerCase(Locale.ENGLISH).

Because

The field returned from PostgreSql 8.2 is id204_ And toLowerCase() result is
id204_

The field that hibernate requested is ID204_ And toLowerCase() result is
ıd204_ . Because in Turkish I not means small i. The problem is that.

Dear jdbc-driver developer, can you help us about this problem.

Thank you in advance,

Hakan Cunier