Re: BLOBS

From: Compte utilisateur Sultan-advl <webmaster(at)advl(dot)org>
To: Ray Alba <ralba(at)electric-web(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BLOBS
Date: 2000-02-05 22:13:45
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Re,
Thinking your create table is off. Sorry for my poor english but try &
practice with this :

Under postgresql user :
psql yourDb

A)
-- ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
-- CREATION OF TYPE : LO
-- ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

create type lo (
        internallength=4,
        externallength=10,
        input=int4in,
        output=int4out,
        default='',
        passedbyvalue
        );

B) CREATE TABLE ; INSERT BLOB ; SELECT BLOB
IN THIS CASE THE BLOB IS FILE /ETC /FSTAB : SELECT EXPORT THE BLOB IN
/TMP/TOTOFSTAB

CREATE TABLE image (name text, raster oid);
INSERT INTO image (name, raster) VALUES ('toto',lo_import('/etc/fstab'));
SELECT lo_export(image.raster, '/tmp/totofstab') from image WHERE name = 'toto';

C) under your term
more /tmp/totofstab : you'll see your fstab (under Unix like)
==
In my case that works ... and it's on Documentation ;-)
Hope that's help.
Regards.
Emmanuel

Le sam, 05 fv 2000, vous avez crit :

--

Emmanuel DISCORS
http://www.advl.org/

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Joseph JohnsonDate: 2000-02-06 01:23:09