Deleting blob data with LargeObject Java API

From: "David Benoff" <dbenoff(at)covad(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Deleting blob data with LargeObject Java API
Date: 2003-10-12 16:41:01
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi all,
I’m using the JDBC LargeObject api to do CRUD operations with blobs
stored in pg_largeobject. I am hoping someone could clarify whether
calling lobj.delete(myoid) performs a physical or just a logical delete.
If I want to completely delete the blob data from the DB (physical
delete), can I just use lobj.delete, or do I have to write a
function/trigger to call lo_unlink? If I DO have to call lo_unlink,
does anyone know where I could find example code (since I assume this is
a common issue)?

Thanks,
David Benoff

---