FATAL 1: Sorry, too many clients already

From: "Robert John Shepherd" <robert(at)reviewer(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: FATAL 1: Sorry, too many clients already
Date: 2002-11-17 22:15:18
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Having a lot of problems using ODBC at the moment, from IIS on an NT4
box. I keep getting an ODBC error of:

FATAL 1: Sorry, too many clients already

I've upped the connections since getting this error (now to 38) a bit
but it seems to consume whatever I throw at it, and I can't keep upping
this indefinitely, in fact what I have upped it to seems to already be
causing resource problems.

Does the Postgresql ODBC driver support Connection Pooling at all? I set
it in the registry for IIS4 to use this, but I don't think it is using
it.

Should I lower the shared memory I've allocated an increase connections
instead?

Yours Unwhettedly,
Robert John Shepherd.

Editor
DVD REVIEWER
The UK's BIGGEST Online DVD Magazine
http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk

For a copy of my Public PGP key, email: pgp(at)robertsworld(dot)org(dot)uk