FW: Hi , Semaphore problem --Pl. F1

From: Moses <bluechip(at)giasbg01(dot)vsnl(dot)net(dot)in>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: FW: Hi , Semaphore problem --Pl. F1
Date: 2000-08-21 07:42:43
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general pgsql-ports

HI,
My name is Moses, I work as system admin in INDIA and I just got your ID
when I was looking out for a solution on Semaphore Problem which I am facing
currently. I will be greateful to u if you could help me out on this.

I work on SCO Openserve 5.0 .. I have Progress loaded on it .. When ever
I try to start more than 3 database in multiuser mode, it gives and error
saying that "Semaphore limit exceeded" and terminates the process. therefore
I am able to start only 3 databases at any given point of time. Can you help
me out on this of how to increase the semaphore limit, I have already tried
using ./configure command and increasing the values in the semaphore option
but in vain... Can u help me on this ? ..

Looking forward for your help.
Thanks and regards,
Moses.