RE: [INTERFACES] link problems when inheriting from libpq++

From: "Chris Holman" <chrish(at)owl(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [INTERFACES] link problems when inheriting from libpq++
Date: 2000-02-18 11:35:11
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Thanks for the insightful observation Guido! VERY VERY much apreciated.

I will admit, I have not come across rtti until now. Hence why the error
meant nothing to me. Ahh well, back to the books.
The '-frtti' compile flag was copied from a makefile of another library I am
using.
The GCC manual has no reference to this flag! I can only assume that it is
the default?
If I replace it with '-fno-rtti' the example builds perfectly. I cant wait
to see how the other library reacts to this change.;-)

many thanks,
Chris Holman