Re: Fix for 8.3 MSVC locale (Was [HACKERS] NLS on MSVC strikes back!)

From: "Gevik Babakhani" <pgdev(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: "'Magnus Hagander'" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fix for 8.3 MSVC locale (Was [HACKERS] NLS on MSVC strikes back!)
Date: 2008-02-14 19:49:18
Lists: pgsql-patches
> Haven't looked into the details of the patch yet, will do so.
> But the first thing I notice - you say this is only for MSVC,
> right? But the patch will also change the behaviour for the
> mingw build. Since you say you haven't tested on it, does the
> documentation imply that it would work on mingw, or is this
> likely to break that build? Perhaps it should be made
> conditional on MSVC only, and not on WIN32?

Thinking about the above... It is a good idea to have something like this be
compiled only for MSVC.
I guess we have to add an additional preprocessor directive from mkvcbuild
to the solution (what about MSVC_COMPILER?)

I am installing mingw to test the patch there. Chances are it will break
because mingw does __declspec(dllimport) differently than msvc

Regards,
Gevik.