ERROR: index row size

From: "Rodrigo Sakai" <rodrigo(dot)sakai(at)poli(dot)usp(dot)br>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ERROR: index row size
Date: 2007-06-03 02:40:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers
  Hello,

  I'm having a big trouble with the index size! I have looked for a solution
in the internet, but the solutions that I found don't fit for me!

  I developed a new data type using C and add this new type on PostgreSQL.
Basically, the data type is: (DateADT, DateADT) with some temporal rules
that I'm researching! The data type is ok; the in, out, receive and send
functions are ok; some operations are ok. But the index operators and
functions are not working properly! Actually I can use them, but in some
cases an error occurs about index row size.

  I'm sure that the functions in, out, receive and send are well
implemented. I think the problem is that the data type is really big and
needs a "big index".

  The implementation code of the data type is::

typedef struct t_periodo

{

            DateADT                       tvi;

            DateADT                       tvf;

}           Periodo;

  Any ideas to solve my problem? Perhaps increasing the BLOCKSIZE could be
one solution. Not very smart one, but can solve temporally my problem?!?!

  Thanks in advance!