Re: Problems running PostGreSQL silent install

From: "Greg Quinn" <greg(at)officium(dot)co(dot)za>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problems running PostGreSQL silent install
Date: 2006-10-27 20:27:57
Lists: pgsql-generalpgsql-novice
Thank you for the reply.
But then are you saying I don't even really need to use the MSI in the first
place?
I can just copy the files to a folder. Then run initdb and pg_ctl?

I am bundling PostGreSQL with my software package. And will be using
Installshield to copy my program files to the client computer.
Now can I just get the PostGresql folder, put it where I want, then
Run initdb and pg_ctl?