Simple way to manage users with JDBC/Servlets?

From: "Peter Neu" <peter(dot)neu(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Simple way to manage users with JDBC/Servlets?
Date: 2006-07-27 08:44:58
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hello,

I will have to manage a large amount of users with a postgresql db.

First of all I have to do a major bulk import from a csv file which has this
format:

Username;Password;Group

Later on I will have to manage all users with a webb app. And give the
possibility

to search and upload new csv files.

I already programmed some CRUD applications with Oracle and Java but I'm
looking forward to learn some new

stuff. How would you guys do that?

Can the password be auto created by postgresql and converted in md5?

My db version 7.4.2

Cheers,

Pete

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: Roland WalterDate: 2006-07-27 09:17:36