initdb fails

From: Álvaro García Pérez <alvaro(dot)garcia(dot)perez(at)upm(dot)es>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: initdb fails
Date: 2006-06-21 12:23:09
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hello,

I´m trying to run postgreSQL 7.4.13 on cygwin under Windows XP.

I compile the source and install postgre, but when I run initdb it fails:

…

creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1...
/usr/local/pgsql/

bin/initdb: line 644: 1752 Bad system call "$PGPATH"/postgres -boot
-x1

$PGSQL_OPT $BOOTSTRAP_TALK_ARG template1

initdb: failed

I’ve read some about ipc services and think maybe that’s the problem. In the
latest cygwin version there’s no ipc-daemon nor ipc-daemon2 command. Instead
there’s cygserver. I’ve tried running the cygserver before and after
installation, but initdb always fails.

Anybody knows what could be the problem?