Re: [INTERFACES] [ODBC] Unbound text box, Text > 255 characters, MSAccess/PostgreSQL

From: Zlatko Matić <zlatko(dot)matic1(at)sb(dot)t-com(dot)hr>
To: "Greg Campbell" <greg(dot)campbell(at)us(dot)michelin(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pg-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>,<pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] [ODBC] Unbound text box, Text > 255 characters, MSAccess/PostgreSQL
Date: 2005-10-05 20:33:01
Lists: pgsql-generalpgsql-interfacespgsql-odbc
Hello, Greg and thanks for suggestions, but it didn't work with append
query. I just couldn't pass more than 255 characters long text as parameter
of DAO query. But, fortunately, I solved the problem by using AddNew method
of DAO recordset to append new row. In this case I could pass directly the
whole value of Me.TextBoxName. It seems that in this way Access can pass the
whole text (as Memo Type) to new row of recordset.
Otherwise if I want to pass the same value of the unbound text box by using
an append query, it can pass just 255 characters long text.
Fortunately, it works with recordset object...