E_Failed issue (also problem reading the record to edit it).

From: "Joel Fradkin" <jfradkin(at)wazagua(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: E_Failed issue (also problem reading the record to edit it).
Date: 2005-08-31 14:39:33
Lists: pgsql-odbc
My connection string is:

Recently we have  a client who can not see data they have entered.

It is still in the data base, but something has to be happening.

I did capture a log (I can re-create the issue).

The data not coming up is a text field. I have tested adding large text
amounts in the field and was able to retrieve them ok, so I am confused what
may be causing the problem (spent like 6 hours thus far with no solution). I
can display the field in our print preview (only difference is it has the
field by name.

I tried adding all the fields by name rather then a * but that did not help
the edit screen. Both use the same connection (asp page using the connection

After testing I managed to make so my select screen no longer displays but
only has:

Error Type:
Microsoft Cursor Engine (0x80004005)
Data provider or other service returned an E_FAIL status.
/wazagua/app/searchlist.asp, line 1251

Which is an execute of

select * from viwcaselist where clientnum = 'FARM' And isdeleted=false and
CaseNum ilike '%00025%' Order BY OpenDate Desc,CaseNum limit 51

the field giving me the issue is in this select (was not blowing it up
before I messed around testing the data itself).

From the log the field in question has:

**** PGAPI_GetData: icol = 26, fCType = -8, field_type = 25, value = 'NOTE:
', cbValueMax=0

[SQLGetData]PGAPI_GetData: enter, stmt=24425856

     num_rows = 51

I am not listing the contents as they are confidential but it is like 16k

Any ideas are much appreciated

Joel Fradkin

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Scot LoachDate: 2005-08-31 14:42:44