connectivity to database been an issue for me.

From: "Joel Fradkin" <jfradkin(at)wazagua(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: connectivity to database been an issue for me.
Date: 2005-03-30 16:41:26
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi,

We are in development stage of implementing postgres.

Our data center is in Tampa and we are in Bardenton and I am using DSL at my
office (384 up, 1.5 down).

Data center is 2 meg ea way.

When I use pgadmin to connect it is ok, but as soon as I do any querry that
has much data I get disconeected.

I was able to test pinging an outside web page (yahoo.com) and could see as
soon as I start the transimission from a query in pgadmin the pinging gets
disrupted (also I lose the connection to pgadmin).

I am thinking of T1 to data center (but is like 600 a month) or even upping
the office to breakfreee which is pretty cheap and is 2 mb ea way.

Before I spend $ I thought I would ask if there are any tools less subject
to disconnect from temporary connection loss?

If any one else experienced the same type of issues and what they did to
resolve the issue.

Once we go live I am probably going to want replication and if the
connection is going to thwart this I need to see if there is a workable
solution.

Joel Fradkin

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Uwe C. SchroederDate: 2005-03-30 16:42:39