Admin tools with the ability to alter a field type?

From: "Joel Fradkin" <jfradkin(at)wazagua(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Admin tools with the ability to alter a field type?
Date: 2005-03-24 14:43:29
Lists: pgsql-admin
I asked this once before and got one response that I did not understand
completely.

Is there a tool that allows modification to a field type.

The answer I got last time indicated that in 8.0 there was a command to do
it by in a sql statement.

But I did not understand that syntax well enough from the response.

Any one do this in 8 (I am on 8.01) or no of a gui tool?

Also our DSL seems to interrupt every few minutes so PGadmin drops
connection.

I called verizon since I believe it is the internet connection, but any
other tools that might be a little less sensitive to a momentary connection
drop?

Joel Fradkin

pgsql-admin by date