postgres in windows xP

From: "James Nyunt" <jamesn(at)swiftdsl(dot)com(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postgres in windows xP
Date: 2004-11-25 06:10:11
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi
I have been trying to get postgres in windows through cygwin. No success
yet. I followed all the instructions in postgresql-7.4.5 step by step.
But the last a few steps, particularly, in step 9, cygrunsrv -S
postmaster doesn't work. I could not start postmaster as service at
all. I have added postgres to log on as service in secpol.msc. I can
also see postmaster in service, in postmaster's property, log in tab, I
can also see postgres.
Ok, here are a few messages, I got, I tried both commands cygrunsrv and
net start.
When I run as admin user , who got admin right, I got these errors

admin(at)laptop ~
$ cygrunsrv -S postmaster
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus: Win32 error
1062:
The service has not been started.

admin(at)laptop ~
$ net start postmaster
The postmaster service is starting.
The postmaster service could not be started.

A system error has occurred.

System error 1067 has occurred.

The process terminated unexpectedly.

When I run as postgres user, who got limited right, I got these

postgres(at)laptop ~
$ cygrunsrv -S postmaster
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: OpenSCManager: Win32 error 5:
Access is denied.

postgres(at)laptop ~
$ net start postmaster
System error 5 has occurred.