Missing tables in tree

From: "Howard Hansen " <howardh(at)halfmagic(dot)com>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Missing tables in tree
Date: 2004-01-27 16:00:01
Lists: pgadmin-support

Love pgAdmin, but I've run into a problem since moving my server from my
internal network to one hanging off of the Internet directly. On the
client, I'm running pgAdmin 1.6.0 with psqlODBC 7.3.100. Server-side, it's
PostgreSQL 7.3.4 on a Debian Woody box.

Previously, I would connect to the server, see a list of the databases, then
when I clicked on one and expanded it in the tree, I would see all manner of
cool things including Tables. No longer. I see only Casts, Languages, and
Schemas. The logged-in user is defined as:

CREATE USER username WITH SYSID 103 CREATEDB CREATEUSER VALID UNTIL
'2006-01-17 00:00:00';

I've tried about a dozen Google queries, but I haven't found the magic one
yet.

I don't mean to complain, but Casts, Languages, and Schemas are not nearly
as useful to me as -- say -- Tables, Indexes, and Sequences. Any and all
help, pointers, or even sympathy will be greatly appreciated.

Please cc me on replies, since I'm not on the list. Thanks!

Howard Hansen
http://justenoughlinux.com
(206) 992-1348