File system level backup

From: "Ganesan Kanavathy" <ganesh(at)magnusquest(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: File system level backup
Date: 2003-10-17 09:13:52
Lists: pgsql-admin

Dear all,

All the while I was doing pg_dump as backup method for my pgsql db.
Today I came across File system level backup on Postgresql
Documentation.

After reading it, I am quite unsure whether File system level backup is
better than pg_dump.

Furthermore, do we really need to do File system level backup or pg_dump
is good enough?

Any suggestion is much appreciated.

Regards,
ganesh