Vacuum Question

From: "Pascal PEYRE" <peyre(at)cir(dot)fr>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Vacuum Question
Date: 2003-02-21 07:48:58
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi,

I use postgresql 7.2.x on Linux 2.4.18-6mdksmp #1 SMP i686

I have some big postgreSQL databases (4/5 GB at start) on this server.
Every night I erase data and I import a lot of new data.

For optimize my database I operate a vacuum "all" every night.

The problem is that the size of database is growing every day whereas
the volume of data stay remains stable. After six month my postgreSQL
databases size is approximately  (40/50 Gb).  Yesterday I suppress the
database and I restore it by pg_dump. By this way my database size is
gone down again to 4/5 Gb.

Is there any solution to reduce the size of the database without restore
a SQL backup ?

Thanks to your help

Pascal PEYRE

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Monica RobustelliDate: 2003-02-21 07:50:48