Help with Win32 MingW build

From: Michael Uman <muman(at)softwaremagic(dot)net>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Help with Win32 MingW build
Date: 2003-02-19 02:37:13
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello,

I am making progress slowly but surely. I have just completed building
library popt for MingW so I can port my application to windows. This is
working just great. Now I need to port libpqxx to Win32. I have
PostgresSQL installed on my Windows machine. It is apparently a Cygwin
build because it includes the CygWin.dll component. I have it installed
to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL and it works just fine. The problem I
have is when I build the darn thing the configure script gets munged. It
reports that the libpq-fe.h header file is not available. I have ensured
that the path to the include and libs are set to /usr/local/lib/pgsql
and /usr/local/include/pgsql but the config.log always reports that the
test for the header file fails. I have attached the log file to this
message.. It seems to find the header file and set the variable
properly, but the conftest seems to be failing. Anyone with any insight
into getting past this issue please help!

I appreciate any feedback regarding this issue.

Thank you,
Michael Uman
Softwaremagic.net

Attachment Content-Type Size
config.log application/octet-stream 27.1 KB