LIBPQXX on Windows

From: Michael Uman <muman(at)softwaremagic(dot)net>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: LIBPQXX on Windows
Date: 2003-02-13 08:57:12
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hello,

I need to get LibPqxx up and running on Windows. I have a pgSQL client
which works fine on Linux and I need to port the baby to Windows. 1st
challenge was getting a port of 'popt' library which I used to parse
cmdline options. Now I need to get libpqxx up and running. Does anyone
have any experience in accomplishing this. If not, what do other people
do to get around this. Is there a more portable pgsql/C++ interface? I
have MSVC 6.0 and can't seem to get the makefile to work. Is there a
binary I can just link with? Also where can I get the pgsql.dll which is
required.

Any help would be appreciated. If I get no answer then I am busted on
the Windows platform and I will rue the day I chose to go with libpqxx.
Is there a ODBC driver for postgres on Windows? Maybe I can go that
route? If so, my Linux implementation will need some major tweaking.

Please help. I am hoping to have this solved by next week. I was really
hoping to get the application to start building this week, but this is
becoming a bit of a hinderance.

Thank you,
Michael Uman
Sr. Software Engineer