Developing a forms based web application

From: "Steve McAllister" <stevemca(at)optushome(dot)com(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Developing a forms based web application
Date: 2003-01-27 10:14:27
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi,

I am looking for some advice on how to best create a web enabled forms
based application. If anybody has any ideas it would be greatly
appreciated.

I have an MS Access forms application that now sports a Postgres
database at the back end running under RedHat 8.0. I would like to
redevelop the Access form to web enable it. I have played around with
Perl and PHP and although I'm sure I could rewrite the application in
either of these languages doing so looks a little tedious.

Maybe I should be looking at OpenAcs, AOLserver and Postgres. But, then
maybe I'm on the wrong track altogether. Is there some sort of forms
based web application? I have seen one called DBForms, however, it
appears to be based on server side Java. I would prefer to stay away
from Java if I can.

Does anybody have any advice for me, please?

Steve McAllister

Outsourcing Solutions Consultant

Phone: 61 3 9631 1714

Mobile 61 414 311 677

E-mail: steve_mcallister(at)kaz(dot)com(dot)au

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Hendrik CoetzeeDate: 2003-01-27 13:42:33