Re: int types migrated one level lower

From: "Reshat Sabiq" <sabiq(at)purdue(dot)edu>
To: "'Dave Page'" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>,<pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: int types migrated one level lower
Date: 2002-12-29 10:41:26
Lists: pgadmin-support
Actually, I though about it a little, and I am now in doubt about how MS
Access stores integer types internally.

Since there is no "short" type, the consecutive values could potentially
go as follows:
byte - 8 bits
integer - 16 bits
long integer - 32 bits
If that is the case, then integer from Access maps to int2, and long one
maps to int4. That would be a very bad mapping on behalf of MS.

I'd appreciate any feedback on this issue. I'm currently planning to
change my Access ints into long ints, and long ints apparently will have
to stay put.

Sincerely,
r.