Re: int types migrated one level lower

From: "Reshat Sabiq" <sabiq(at)purdue(dot)edu>
To: "'Dave Page'" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: int types migrated one level lower
Date: 2002-12-26 14:11:45
Lists: pgadmin-support

DP: Isn't there byte in pg? I know there is bytea (array of byte).

Yes, I've seen bytea, but it's 4+ bytes. I'm not aware of an 8-bit type.

DP: I don't have any intention of re-writing the migration wizard for
pgAdmin 3 at the moment. If I did, the type mapping would be definable
as it is now, but from ODBC types, not ADO.

I'd guess ODBC would be more reliable for Windows-based DBs, since ADO
apparently converts int8 into int4 and int4 into int2 (I don't think MS
Access considers long integer to be int4, and integer to be int2).

Thanks,
r.