plpgsql: How to catch error when I drop an inexistent table?

From: Conxita Marín <comarin(at)telefonica(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: plpgsql: How to catch error when I drop an inexistent table?
Date: 2002-12-11 08:21:03
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi.
I'm trying to write a function that works with a temporary  table. I have to
be sure that when I execute the function,  it create it. Then I make a DROP
TABLE and after a CREATE TABLE. But if the table doesn't exists, the DROP
statement raises an error and the function stops. How can I resolve this
problem?

Thanks.

Conxita

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: HarryDate: 2002-12-11 08:43:17