crash problem

From: terry(at)greatgulfhomes(dot)com
To: "Postgres (E-mail)" <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: crash problem
Date: 2002-06-21 01:29:31
Lists: pgsql-docspgsql-general
My database crashed earlier.  It's starts up fine, and I can use it, but I
cannot back it up, it reports this error:
bash$ pg_dump -t letter_tag_execute_types devtest >
bkletter_tag_execute_types
getTables(): SELECT (for TRIGGER) failed.  Explanation from backend: 'ERROR:
No
 such attribute or function 'tgdeferrable'
'.

I get the same error if I try to do dumpall.

I try looking at the triggers table and this is what I get:
devtest=# select * from pg_trigger;
ERROR:  Relation pg_trigger does not have attribute
devtest=# \d pg_trigger
           Table "pg_trigger"
   Attribute    |    Type    | Modifier
----------------+------------+----------
 tgrelid        | oid        |
 tgname         | name       |
 tgfoid         | oid        |
 tgtype         | smallint   |
 tgenabled      | boolean    |
 tgisconstraint | boolean    |
 tgconstrname   | name       |
 tgconstrrelid  | oid        |
 tginitdeferred | boolean    |
 tgnargs        | smallint   |
 tgattr         | int2vector |
 tgargs         | bytea      |
Indices: pg_trigger_tgconstrname_index,
         pg_trigger_tgconstrrelid_index,
         pg_trigger_tgrelid_index

I ran a vacuum, and it did worked, but did not fix this corruption problem.

Nothing meaningful appears in the log, just messages about the "backend
terminated unexpectedly".

What do I do now?  I was hoping to upgrade to 7.2.1 this weekend, but if I
cannot back it up again, I will loose all of todays work, which was pretty
significant, I added much tables and populated a bunch also.

Any ideas is appreciated.

Thanks

Terry Fielder
Network Engineer
Great Gulf Homes / Ashton Woods Homes
terry(at)greatgulfhomes(dot)com

pgsql-docs by date

Next:From: terryDate: 2002-06-21 02:42:22