PgAdmin

From: "Frederic De Leersnijder" <frederic(dot)de(dot)leersnijder(at)pandora(dot)be>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PgAdmin
Date: 1999-03-25 01:55:51
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,
I'm having trouble starting PgAdmin.

I'll describe what I have done so far.

1) pgAdmin requires the PostODBC driver which is available here. You must
set check the 'Show Column' and 'Fake Index' options under 'OID Options' for
pgAdmin to work

I have installed the PostODBC driver. I haven't set show column and fake
index because I can't find the OID options.

2) As of v6.3.208, pgAdmin also requires Microsoft's MDAC 2.0 package (the
Redistribution Typical Setup version). This decreases the size of the
pgAdmin download significantly, and helps to eliminate ODBC version conflict
errors.

Done this.

3) Installing Pgadmin.

4) Opening the ODBC 32 panel in the control panel (I'm using 98)
Tab --> user dns -> MS Access driver -> configure --> database select --> In
my case h:\mediatheek.mdb

5) Starting Pgadmin

6) The logon dialog box is in front of me
datasource --> Microsoft Access 97 database.
Username: (none)
Pass: (noneà

7) The program freezes. This happens in 98 and in NT 4.0

Does someone recognize this problem?

Thnx. for the advice that will soon be on it's way (hopefully :o)) )