RE: [GENERAL] PL/pgSQL

From: "Sergei Chernev" <ser(at)nsu(dot)ru>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <Pgsql-General(at)Hub(dot)Org>
Subject: RE: [GENERAL] PL/pgSQL
Date: 1998-11-13 11:36:07
Lists: pgsql-general
> In 6.4, it should work on all platforms.  I know it works on bsdi 4.0.
Hello,

> What problems are you seeing.

I still have 3.1 :((

When I install plpgsql language, and prepare one test:
=>CREATE FUNCTION f_test () RETURNS abstime AS '
=>        BEGIN
=>                RETURN \'now\';
=>        END;
=>' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';
CREATE
EOF
Then I do:
=> select f_test();
It tells me, that:
        This probably means the backend terminated abnormally before or
while processing the request.
We have lost the connection to the backend, so further processing is
impossible.
  Terminating.

After that, another programms, which was connected to postgres, loose
connection.
Regression test falls on PL/pgSQL.

With best wishes,
Sergei Chernev