PL/pgSQL

From: "Sergei Chernev" <ser(at)nsu(dot)ru>
To: <Pgsql-General(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: PL/pgSQL
Date: 1998-11-11 13:16:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,
I've installed postgresql-v6.4 on BSDI-3.1
But, there are two problems with PL/pgSQL:
First: I have to install plpgsql language on every database,
I wonder, if I can install it for everyone.

Second: When I install plpgsql language, and prepare one test:
=>CREATE FUNCTION f_test () RETURNS abstime AS '
=> BEGIN
=> RETURN \'now\';
=> END;
=>' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';
CREATE
EOF
Then I do:
=> select f_test();
It tells me, that:
This probably means the backend terminated abnormally before or
while pr
ocessing the request.
We have lost the connection to the backend, so further processing is
impossible.
Terminating.
and exit me to the shell. What is wrong ?

Thank you,
Sergei Chernev
Internet: ser(at)nsu(dot)ru
Phone: +7-3832-397354