Re: BUG #16337: Finnish Ispell dictionary cannot be created

From: Artur Zakirov <zaartur(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: matti(dot)linnanvuori(at)portalify(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #16337: Finnish Ispell dictionary cannot be created
Date: 2020-04-03 03:33:00
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello,

On 4/2/2020 7:11 PM, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
> postgres=# CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY finnish_ispell ( TEMPLATE = ispell,
> DictFile = fi_fi, AffFile = fi_fi, Stopwords = finnish);
> ERROR: syntax error
> CONTEXT: line 83 of configuration file
> "/usr/pgsql-12/share/tsearch_data/fi_fi.affix": " I >
> ALI\-
> "

Thank you for the email.

It seems that here the backslash is used to escape the following
character according to the comment for the following flag:

> flag *E:
> . > YLI # ylijohtaja
> I > YLI\- # yli-inhimillinen

Escaping character is valid for ispell format (see
https://manpages.debian.org/testing/ispell/ispell.5.en.html):

> Any character with special meaning to the parser can be changed to an uninterpreted token by backslashing it

I've looked also for Hunspell finnish dictionary. But I didn't find any
I found only some postgres extension:
https://github.com/Houston-Inc/dict_voikko

I think it is possible to fix the postgres parser. But I'm not sure
should we do that.

At first sight it is necessary to fix parse_affentry().

--
Artur