Re: BUG #16274: Repeated Libraries in Mac

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: Krishnanunni Radhakrishnan <krishnanunnir97(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: BUG #16274: Repeated Libraries in Mac
Date: 2020-02-25 09:13:02
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> On 25 Feb 2020, at 07:19, Krishnanunni Radhakrishnan <krishnanunnir97(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

Please avoid top-posting and keep the list on CC so everyone can learn from the
discussion.

> I have checked and they are neither hardlinks nor softlinks. Using Use "find -type f" returns the same output.
> An ls doesn't show any symbolic links, also the files have the same size. I thought it might possibly be a hardlink so I tried checking the inode value for the files, they are also different.
> I am facing this issue in binaries for Mac - version 11.7(http://sbp.enterprisedb.com/getfile.jsp?fileid=12377 ).

Thanks for clarifying that, it does explain why the files don't show up linked
as expected from a standard "make install", but not why the installer creates
multiple copies of the same file. That does sound like a question for the EDB
installers team though.

cheers ./daniel