Re: BUG #16416: unable to start the server with pg_CTL

From: Sandeep Thakkar <sandeep(dot)thakkar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: krishmba06(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #16416: unable to start the server with pg_CTL
Date: 2020-05-06 07:45:00
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

Don't change the permissions manually as it may break your configuration.
You may stop and start the service by two ways:

1. sudo su - postgres (assuming your database superuser account is
'postgres')
and execute pg_ctl commands:
pg_ctl -D /Library/PostgreSQL/12/data stop
pg_ctl -D /Library/PostgreSQL/12/data start

2.
sudo launchctl unload
/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.edb.launchd.postgresql-12.plist
sudo launchctl load
/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.edb.launchd.postgresql-12.plist

--
Sandeep Thakkar