Re: BUG #16287: 'Server doesn't listen' after setting 'timezone' to "America/Detroit US/Michigan"

From: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: felix(dot)jetzinger(at)alpinemetaltech(dot)com, pgsql-bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #16287: 'Server doesn't listen' after setting 'timezone' to "America/Detroit US/Michigan"
Date: 2020-03-06 19:09:13
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Fri, Mar 6, 2020 at 1:32 PM PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
wrote:

> Bug reference: 16287
> Logged by: Felix Jetzinger jun.
> Email address: felix(dot)jetzinger(at)alpinemetaltech(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: Unsupported/Unknown
> Operating system: Windows 7 Embedded Standard SP1
>
> Hello,
> we're using PostgreSQL 9.3 on our Windows 7 Embedded computers. Our new
> system goes to Michigin in the USA and so I want to adjust the timezone to
> it.
> Unfortunately everytime after adjusting the 'timezone' parameter in the
> 'postgresql.conf' to "America/Detroit US/Michigan" regarding the table
> 'Table B-6. Time Zone Names for Setting timezone' from your website I can't
> connect to the server anymore.

You should read the documentation for the version of PostgreSQL you are
using. Table B-6 disappeared a very long time ago (in version 8.2).

It is just spelled "America/Detroit", or "US/Michigan", not both in the
same string.

Cheers,

Jeff