Re: BUG #16341: Installation with EnterpriseDB Community installer in NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM context not possible

From: Bert Brezel <pg(dot)dba(dot)iit(dot)team(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Sandeep Thakkar <sandeep(dot)thakkar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Fahar Abbas <fahar(dot)abbas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #16341: Installation with EnterpriseDB Community installer in NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM context not possible
Date: 2020-04-20 13:20:44
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi Sandeep,

thank you very much. This installer works now. It also works with my usual
input parameters for the installer. I attached the installation log file.

Can you estimate when you release the updated version?

Thank you for resolving this issue.

Kind regards

Am Mo., 20. Apr. 2020 um 11:10 Uhr schrieb Sandeep Thakkar <
sandeep(dot)thakkar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>:

> Hi Bert,
>
> We have generated a "test" installer with the fix for v11 and uploaded it
> here
> <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XTQo9C3ZEwQ7KuwOXmwBhC3FE77-chAP/view>.
> Could you please verify if it fixes the issue? If it does, then we would
> release an update for all affected versions. Thank you.
>

> On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 8:35 PM Bert Brezel <pg(dot)dba(dot)iit(dot)team(at)gmail(dot)com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Fahar, hi Sandeep
>>
>> thank you for investigating.
>>
>> As mentioned earlier, the installation works with a domain account. The
>> domain account is also member of the local administrator group of the
>> server where I get the error message.
>>
>> I get the error I reported if I try to start the installer in NT
>> AUTHORITY\SYSTEM security context. I get this context by using psexec.exe.
>>
>> The last installer I know of that worked for me was 9.6.12.
>>
>> Kind regards
>>
>> Am Sa., 11. Apr. 2020 um 07:12 Uhr schrieb Sandeep Thakkar <
>> sandeep(dot)thakkar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>:
>>
>>> Fahar, Bert,
>>>
>>> It's reproducible at my end. I'll investigate and get back to you.

>>> --
>>> Sandeep Thakkar
>>>

> --
> Sandeep Thakkar

Attachment Content-Type Size
install-postgresql.log application/octet-stream 4.2 MB