Re: BUG #15832: COPY into a partitioned table breaks its indexes

From: David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Ashutosh Sharma <ashu(dot)coek88(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: BUG #15832: COPY into a partitioned table breaks its indexes
Date: 2019-06-05 06:41:00
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, 4 Jun 2019 at 21:20, Ashutosh Sharma <ashu(dot)coek88(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Attached patch fixes the issue. It basically updates estate->es_result_relation_info with the correct resultRelInfo in CopyMultiInsertBufferFlush(). I've also added the test-case for it.
>
> Andres, David, do you all agree with above analysis and the proposed fix ?

Thanks for the report Haruka and for the patch Ashutosh.

I've pushed this after changing the tests a little to reuse the
existing table. I also added an Assert into ExecInsertIndexTuples to
ensure the slot and the ResultRelInfo belong to the same relation. If
that had existing when this was being developed then I'd have noticed
the problem when testing it during dev.