Re: BUG #16407: Column mismatch

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: BUG #16407: Column mismatch
Date: 2020-05-01 16:34:53
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Fri, May 1, 2020 at 8:28 AM PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
wrote:

> Bug reference: 16407
> Logged by: onlinejudge95
> Email address: onlinejudge95(at)gmail(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 12.2
> Operating system: Docker
>
> I have a flask app that connects to a Postgres DB and stores the user info
> there.
> For local development purposes, I am using docker to bring up 2 containers
> one my app and the other of Postgres.
> In my models, I am defining my primary key as a column named id
>

> Everything works fine in my local system when I use this Dockerfile
>
> FROM postgres:12.2
>

> So I decided to change my models to use _id instead of id, this change
> seems
> to work fine.
> Is this a known discrepancy?

This is a bug report mailing list - what you are describing doesn't seem
like a bug - it doesn't even seem like something the PostgreSQL server is
responsible for. Given what does work locally doesn't work on Heroku you
should probably ask them.

However, you posted the following while claiming to have named your column
"id"...

_id = db.Column(UUID(as_uuid=True), primary_key=True, unique=True,
self._id = uuid.uuid4().hex

Maybe your local development copy has some unwanted data within it that
causing it not to fail and when you deploy to a clean Heroku instance the
discrepancy comes to light?

David J.