Re: BUG #16103: Initdb does not respect country for language

From: Fahar Abbas <fahar(dot)abbas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Wimmesberger, Simon" <simon(dot)wimmesberger(at)zoetis(dot)com>
Cc: Sandeep Thakkar <sandeep(dot)thakkar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #16103: Initdb does not respect country for language
Date: 2020-03-17 11:00:43
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

It's an installer behaviour when you set any system locale then same
lc_messages(from dbserver) will be shown accordingly after complete
installation.

Can you please go through this documentation and maybe you will understand
the exact behaviour?

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/locale.html

Can you please share the exact steps to reproduce?