Re: BUG #15460: Error while creating index or constraint

From: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
To: paul(dot)vanderlinden(at)mapcreator(dot)eu
Subject: Re: BUG #15460: Error while creating index or constraint
Date: 2018-10-29 14:11:08
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 1:44 PM Paul van der Linden
<paul(dot)vanderlinden(at)mapcreator(dot)eu> wrote:

> Amcheck is still running.
> Trace_sort is attached

This first line looks like it might be interesting:

LOG: could not rmdir directory
"base/pgsql_tmp/pgsql_tmp5088.0.sharedfileset": Directory not empty
ERROR: could not determine size of temporary file "0"

I suppose that this could actually just be a result of the ERROR; the
exact order isn't a reliable indicator of the sequence of events
across processes (A useful log_line_prefix setting might clear this up
if you collect the trace_sort output again).

Can you show me the contents of the directory that we fail to rmdir
here? Their names, and their size. The directory should remain around
until you restart the server, since the usual error cleanup path
doesn't successfully finish here.

Thanks
--
Peter Geoghegan