Re: BUG #16116: function lpad(integer, integer, integer) does not exist

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: BUG #16116: function lpad(integer, integer, integer) does not exist
Date: 2019-11-15 06:36:11
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi

pá 15. 11. 2019 v 7:15 odesílatel PG Bug reporting form <
noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org> napsal:

> Bug reference: 16116
> Logged by: vijay ingle
> Email address: vjingle143(at)gmail(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 11.4
> Operating system: Linux
>
> Hi,
> We are getting an error function lpad does not exists.
> I had created one project on community version (PostgreSQL 11.4 on
> x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (GCC) 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat
> 4.8.5-36), 64-bit) which is successfully running , all procedures and
> functions run successfully.
> Now i had created one more project having same version on same server also
> and migrated all source code of my existing project including (tables, seq,
> index, procedure, functions) means created replica of existing project but
> whenever i tired to run my procedure then getting an error.

What I know, the lpad function newer exists for int type. So if it exists
somewhere, probably it is user function, or there was allowed implicit
casting from int to text

If you want to use buildin function, you should to use explicit casts (or
install orafce extension, that supports it)

postgres=# select lpad(10::text, 10, 0::text);
│ lpad │
│ 0000000010 │
(1 row)

Regards