Re: BUG #15709: if drop exists syntax

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: kievelee33(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #15709: if drop exists syntax
Date: 2019-03-21 13:20:17
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi

čt 21. 3. 2019 v 11:44 odesílatel PG Bug reporting form <
noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org> napsal:

> Bug reference: 15709
> Logged by: Kieve Lee
> Email address: kievelee33(at)gmail(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: Unsupported/Unknown
> Operating system: window 7
>
> How about if in version 8.0, how do we use drop table if exists?? If you
> dont provide this function then provide a script example dude, why pgsql so
> unfriendly??

This is not a bug.

Please, try to use supported version of PostgreSQL. 8.0 is unsupported
maybe ten years.

psql run in fault tolerant mode where errors are ignored. So you can just

drop table sometable;
create table sometable(...);

It should to works. The error messages you can ignore.

Regards

Pavel Stehule