Re: BUG #16148: Query on Large table hangs in ETL flows and gives out of memory when run in pgAdmin4

From: Scott Volkers <scottvolkers(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #16148: Query on Large table hangs in ETL flows and gives out of memory when run in pgAdmin4
Date: 2019-12-05 14:54:10
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi Jeff,

I may not have explained this well.

The long and the short of it is this where clause
FROM "elliedb"."documentlog" WHERE dcmodifiedutc>(extract(epoch from
TIMESTAMP '2019-11-15 11:30:51')*1000)

causes and out of memory error in PGAdmin. The query will not run. I am
testing it there because the same query will not run in Informatica ETL
task flow. It hangs our processes. No error returns in the Informatica
situation.

My reference to aggregation is the presumption of what Postgres Sql engine
is doing with the production of a result set.

--
Thanks,

Scott Volkers