Re: BUG #15348: Postgres 8.4 accepte les connexions entrantes

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: BUG #15348: Postgres 8.4 accepte les connexions entrantes
Date: 2018-08-25 21:55:23
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 9:33 PM PG Bug reporting form
<noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:

> Bug reference: 15348
> Logged by: Ivan Ceustermans
> Email address: ivabxl(at)gmail(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: Unsupported/Unknown
> Operating system: Mac OS
>
> Bonjour,
>
> J'ai une boite de dialogue qui s ouvre toutes les minutes sur mon Mac sur
> laquelle il est indiqué: Voulez vous que Postgres accepte les connexions
> entrantes?
>
> Je considère cela comme un bug, car il a fait planté mon ordinateur à
> plusieurs reprises. J'ai pris contact avec vous afin de voir si il était
> possible de supprimer postgres ou de faire une correction.

Bonjour Ivan,

It appears that your computer has a copy of PostgreSQL 8.4 running on
it, and it is configured to accept TCP connections. That is 5+ year
old version of PostgreSQL. If you didn't install it, then some other
software you installed might have installed it. I think your options
are (1) deinstall PostgreSQL if you don't want it, if you can figure
out how (which depends on how it was installed), (2) change its
settings not to listen to TCP ports (in postgresql.conf), (3) change
your firewall settings to allow this automatically without the
dialogue box (in the English language version of macOS this is in
"Security & Privacy", "Firewall"), or (4) completely reinstall the
operating system.

I don't know why this would make your computer crash (si j'ai bien
compris le sens de "planter"). Personally I would consider option 4
if my computer was running ancient software I didn't remember
installing and it was crashing in strange ways.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com