Re: BUG #15577: Query returns different results when executed multiple times

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Bartosz Polnik <bartoszpolnik(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: BUG #15577: Query returns different results when executed multiple times
Date: 2019-01-07 19:59:18
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 1:56 AM Bartosz Polnik <bartoszpolnik(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I've modified the script:
> 1. I Added SET force_parallel_mode = on;:

What if you try that with your original query in the database that
shows the problem? Or alternatively SET parallel_leader_participation
= on. What I'm wondering is whether the parallel worker is
consistently getting the same result, but it's a different result from
the leader, and the variation comes from the race between leader and
worker, or whether the instability comes from somewhere else.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com