Re: BUG #15708: RLS 'using' running as wrong user when called from a view

From: Dean Rasheed <dean(dot)a(dot)rasheed(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Daurnimator <quae(at)daurnimator(dot)com>
Cc: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #15708: RLS 'using' running as wrong user when called from a view
Date: 2019-04-29 07:49:32
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 29 Apr 2019 at 04:56, Daurnimator <quae(at)daurnimator(dot)com> wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Mar 2019 at 23:46, Dean Rasheed <dean(dot)a(dot)rasheed(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> > On second thoughts, it actually needs to be in
> > get_row_security_policies(), after making copies of the quals from the
> > policies, otherwise it would be scribbling on the copies from the
> > relcache. Actually that makes the code change a bit simpler too.
>
> Thanks for writing the patch!
>
> I'm sad this missed the last commit fest; I think this bug might be
> causing security issues in a few deployments.
> Could you submit the patch for the next commit fest?

Actually I pushed the fix for this a while ago [1] (sorry I forgot to
reply back to this thread), so it will be available in the next set of
minor version updates later this week.

Regards,
Dean

[1] https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=e2d28c0f404713f564dc2250646551c75172f17b