Re: BUG #15293: Stored Procedure Triggered by Logical Replication is Unable to use Notification Events

From: Marc Dean <marc(dot)dean(dot)jr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Welin <robert(at)vaion(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Sergei Kornilov <sk(at)zsrv(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Petr Jelinek <petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "michael(dot)paul(dot)powers(at)gmail(dot)com" <michael(dot)paul(dot)powers(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #15293: Stored Procedure Triggered by Logical Replication is Unable to use Notification Events
Date: 2019-02-28 01:01:16
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

If you are trying to get around the issue for now, what my team did was
cron an insert statement on the database server. We have a queue table that
has some of these triggers setup so it was easy to write a no-op row to the
queue. This had the side effect of flushing the notification queue.

We haven't had any issues with this approach.

I can also volunteer to help test out patches.

Thanks,

-mdj