Re: BUG #15638: pg_basebackup with --wal-method=stream incorrectly generates WAL segment created during backup

From: Andre Piwoni <apiwoni(at)webmd(dot)net>
To: Maksim Milyutin <milyutinma(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #15638: pg_basebackup with --wal-method=stream incorrectly generates WAL segment created during backup
Date: 2019-02-21 18:57:32
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Thank you for checking. Bianary diffs I had were small and at the tail even
though there were no changes made to database so this makes sense that
these diffs were logically meaningless.

Were you able to confirm that with fetch method slave created with
--wal-method=fetch had record in pg_wal/archive_status directory with .done
extension after running pg_basebackup and no record with
--wal-method=stream? I'm also wondering if PG11 has the same behavior.

--

*Andre Piwoni*

Sr. Software Developer, BI/Database

*Web*MD Health Services