Re: BUG #16447: The query field of the pg_stat_activity table displays the clear text of the password.

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Subject: Re: BUG #16447: The query field of the pg_stat_activity table displays the clear text of the password.
Date: 2020-05-18 09:43:52
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 11:41 AM PG Bug reporting form <
noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:

> Bug reference: 16447
> Logged by: yi Ding
> Email address: abcxiaod(at)126(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 10.12
> Operating system: linux
>
> When the administrator create a user and set the password, we can see the
> password in the pg_stat_activity table.

Not when the administrator uses the suggested method for setting passwords.
You can use \passwd in psql or use the createuser command to avoid that.
This is clearly documented on the CREATE ROLE documentation page in the
Notes section (https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/sql-createrole.html)

--
Magnus Hagander