Re: BUG #15897: make failed postgres 11.4 at 32 bit build

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: BUG #15897: make failed postgres 11.4 at 32 bit build
Date: 2019-07-05 13:12:05
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Fri, Jul 5, 2019 at 7:11 AM PG Bug reporting form
<noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:
> storage/lmgr/lwlock.o: In function `CreateLWLocks':
> lwlock.c:(.text+0x62e): undefined reference to `MainLWLockNames'

MainLWLockNames is defined in a generated .c file - see
generate-lwlocknames.pl. This error seems to indicate that this file
either wasn't compiled or didn't have the right contents. I can't
guess why that happened based on the information provided, but if I
were you, I'd try again after making sure that you have a completely
clean source tree with no leftovers in it from previous build
attempts. If using 'git', try 'git clean -dfx'.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company